RACE AND HISTORIC NORTH ROUTE TOUR (10 days/9 nights)
Participants are expected to arrive in Addis Ababa latest on 7th August. The arrival time will depend on the country of origin and the airline chosen.
- Day 01: Arrival in Addis Ababa and transfer to Monarch Hotel.
- Day 02: Drive to Langano on the way visit Tiya stelaes (UNESCO World Heritage Sites) and Lake Ziway. In the afternoon short guided run around Lake Langano for muscle relaxation and adaptation to altitude. Overnight stay at Sabana Beach Resort/ Simbo Beach Resort.
- Day 03: Training on the race course and visit a school project supported by Ethiotrail. Overnight at Sabana Beach Resort/ Simbo Beach Resort.
- Day 04: Excursion in Abijatta-Shalla National Park, race briefing and collect race number. In the evening Pasta Party. Overnight stay at Sabana Beach Resort/ Simbo Beach Resort.
- Day 05: Race day! After race barbeque and overnight stay at Sabana Beach Resort/ Simbo Beach Resort.
- Day 06: Drive back to Addis Ababa and city tour. Overnight at Monarch.
- Day 07: Fly to Lalibela and visit the 10 monolithic rock-hewn churches of Lalibela. Overnight at Mountain View or Panoramic View Hotels.
- Day 08: Trekking/ mule ride to Ashete Mariam Monastery and overnight at Mountain View or Panoramic View Hotels.
- Day 09: Fly from Lalibela to Bahir Dar and visit the Blue Nile Water Fall and some of the old monasteries on Lake Tana. Overnight at Abay Minch or Jacaranda Hotels.
- Day 10: Fly back to Addis, souvenir shopping (optional) and departure to the country of origin.
Note: If you would like to have a complete historic sites tour including Axum and Gondar, we have a 3 days additional package that we can provide upon demand. So please contact us and get the itinerary and price for the extra package.
- Shared room: €1750
- Single room supplement: €180
The price includes:
- Race registration fee and race pack
- Hotel accommodation and meals
- Pasta party and post-race barbecue
- All in country transportation (including 3 internal flights)
- Guided training and orientation on highland running
- Medical support and massage the day of the race and on the training sessions
- Refreshments during the race
- All entrance fees for all the touristic sites in the tour package
Note: The price does not include expenses of personal nature, alcoholic drinks, and gratitude to guides and drivers.