ETHIOTRAIL+ (7 days/6 nights)
Participants are expected to arrive in Addis Ababa latest on 6th August. The arrival time will depend on the country of origin and the airline chosen.
- Day 1: Arrival in Addis Ababa and transfer to Monarch Hotel.
- Day 2: Drive to Langano on the way visit Tiya stelaes (UNESCO World Heritage Sites) and Lake Ziway. In the afternoon, short guided run around Lake Langano for muscle relaxation and adaptation to altitude. Overnight stay at Sabana Beach Resort/ Simbo Beach Resort.
- Day 3: Trekking, and visit Lepis Waterfall and the surrounding communities. Overnight at Sabana Beach Resort/ Simbo Beach Resort.
- Day 4: Training on the race course and visit school projects supported by Ethiotrail. Overnight at Sabana Beach Resort/ Simbo Beach Resort.
- Day 5: Excursion in Abijatta-Shalla National Park, race briefing and collect race number. In the evening Pasta Party. Overnight stay at Sabana Beach Resort/ Simbo Beach Resort.
- Day 6: Race day! After race barbeque and overnight stay at Sabana Beach Resort/ Simbo Beach Resort.
- Day 7: Drive back to Addis, city tour, souvenir shopping (optional) and departure to the country of origin.
- Shared room: €970
- Single room supplement for 6 nights: €120
The price includes:
- Race registration fee and race pack
- Hotel accommodation and meals
- Pasta party and post-race barbecue
- All in country transportation
- Guided training and orientation on highland running
- Medical support and massage the day of the race and on the training sessions
- Refreshments during the race
- All entrance fees for all the touristic sites in the package
Note: The price does not include expenses of personal nature, alcoholic drinks, and gratitude to guides and drivers.
Race weekend travel packages (accommodation, meal and transport arrangements) are available for Ethiopians and foreigners residing in Ethiopia and detailed information can be obtained by contacting RIA Ethiopia Sports.